Daisypath Wedding tickers

Saturday, January 30, 2010

"Forgiveness.....is more than saying sorry."

Isn't it though? I contemplate the concept of forgiveness at least once or twice a week. Why? I guess because it just becomes one of those complicated subjects that some people spend countless hours, minutes, seconds over analyzing. I happen to be one of those types of people that over analyze every little thing. At some point or another in our lives we run into certain events that take place that cause us to either forgive someone or someones for something they did to us or to perhaps someone close to us. But how exactly do we go about handling the forgiveness process?

For everyone it's different of course. I, for one, have a very hard time being able to move on past something that effects my day to day living. The concept of "forgive and forget" just doesn't go over very well with me. I remember EVERYTHING in extreme detail that has caused some sort of riff in my life and I have a very hard time being able to move past something. I guess for the most part, these things typically aren't something that can so easily be forgotten. It isn't that I don't want to be able to move forward....I do. I just am ashamed that I have become such a weak person that would rather curl up under a blanket and hide from the world instead of dealing with my "demons".  2009 was a rough year for me in more ways than I can count and the tough part is that I never saw any of it coming.

If time heals all wounds, then why months later do I find myself still hurting?

0 comments: