Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Just another manic Monday.....

Monday was a crazy day for me at work. Usually, Mondays are somewhat steady in the retail world for me but are not out of control busy. It was nearing the end of my shift and I was playing catch-up with a lot of the tasks I was trying to get accomplished for the day before I had to leave. I happened to look up for a quick second towards the front doors and what should my wondering eyes happen to see? Ex #2 walking through the front doors with his new girlfriend (who is around 18 or 19 years old....by the way he's 30).

9 years ago he and I met working where I am now. He was 21 at the time and I was 17. It wasn't until I turned 18 that he even considered dating me. (Should have been a red flag to me at the time, but hey, what did I know back then? He had tattoos and drove a cool car and was 4 years older than I was!) The last time I saw him was two summers ago when I agreed to go to dinner with him after he had legally separated from his then wife. He wanted to make amends and catch up and I saw no harm in it so I went. Shortly after that Mac and I started dating so I hadn't seen Ex #2 other than some brief conversing via the Facebook world.

When I saw him walk in, my heart just kind of dropped. It is almost as if I can put myself back to all those years ago when he and I were still together. I can remember the relationship like it was yesterday. (Unfortunately!) He didn't see me, but my co-worker noticed him the same time I did. He went on to talk to another co-worker he happens to still be really good friends with and then he started to make his way over to my department. We made eye contact and he did the dramatic turn around to try to pretend he didn't see me. At that point I couldn't help but laugh out loud. It's been 7 years since our breakup and 2 years since we had seen each other on GOOD terms and he can't even offer a simple wave or "hello". Shortly after that his new girlfriend came over and stared me down as I was helping a group of customers.


I find the whole situation funny because now at least he knows I work there again and probably won't want to risk another "awkward" chance of running into me again. Saves me the fake polite conversation, I suppose!

0 comments: