Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's getting better all the time.

I feel myself getting stronger slowly but surely as I progress through the P90X program. However, last week I had a minor setback due to a stomach virus I had on Thursday. It made me pretty much physically drained for the rest of the week and I couldn't bring myself to do a single workout. So I only completed 3 of the 6 workouts. Better than nothing I suppose. I plan on doing an extra week to make up for it. So this week is a redo of week 3.

I have lost a total of 7 pounds so far and I almost wish I would have measured myself so I could see inches as well. But I think that taking pictures every couple of weeks is going to mean a whole lot more to me than the number I see on the scale. It's not the number on the scale I am necessarily worried about. I just want to be able to look in the mirror and not be depressed that I'm 26 and not in as shape as I really want to be. I want to be able to go hiking in the summer and not be completely exhausted after 20 minutes of walking. I want to build up my physical tolerance overall!

I started out getting back in shape slowly and I really think that has made all of the difference. I started taking yoga with Candace one day a week  back in December at the rec center and then I progressed myself up to two classes a week.  I also had started doing a couple of P90X workouts a week as well to try to get over some of the initial (and PAINFUL) extreme soreness that comes along with the program. And then two weeks ago I started the program completely. I have a hard time being able to work out first thing in the morning usually so I end up doing all of my workouts after work and at night. But so far it is going just fine. I actually WISH I could start working out before I get my day started. Maybe as I progress into the program I will be able to do that.

0 comments: