Daisypath Wedding tickers

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spring fever.

It's getting close. I can feel it! I'm ready to be outdoors and go hiking and camping! Winter tends to make me really down and depressed pretty much every SINGLE year. And I feel really bad because Mac has to put up with it! Poor guy! I become this social recluse and I basically refuse to answer my phone when people call [or call anyone for that matter] or have the want to go out and do things. I just get into this ridiculous funk that takes me a month or two to get out of. Every year, I tell myself that I am not going to let it happen and yet it always does. I'm not very good at keeping promises to myself. Hence, why I never make promises to myself or New Year's Resolutions in the first place because there is no point!

But in light of my funk, I have been coming out of it slowly but surely. Working out has really drastically improved my mood. I physically feel a lot better now that I have gotten back into the routine. I suffer from insomnia from time to time and working out really makes a difference on my sleeping habits. I actually stay asleep almost the entire night instead of waking up multiple times in the middle of the night! I have these horrific periods of insomnia every few months or so and it really takes a tole on me because then it makes it hard for me to get motivated to want to do ANYTHING!

I am excited for the next few months. I am a bridesmaid in my friend Mandie's wedding on April 9th and I am also taking that whole week off to help and celebrate the festivities. I am pretty excited about that....I'm sure Mac will be, too. He is the only boyfriend I have ever had [or guy that I know] that actually doesn't mind going to weddings. He hates when I tell people this but he loves to dress up for them. For my bff's wedding in '08, he was so excited he had to go buy a new outfit for the occasion! Mac actually cares about his appearance which is a good thing but sometimes he makes me feel under dressed when we have a dinner and a movie date night! Ha, ha. But that's ok, I love him anyway. :)

And May 1st, Mac and I signed up to do our first 5k, I Run For The Party in Nashville with Candace and a few other people that I know that signed up. I don't plan on running but maybe by then I will actually be able to jog or possibly run some of it? By then I will be almost done with P90X so I should be able to do handle it physically. Can't wait!

0 comments: