Daisypath Wedding tickers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hi, my name is Amber and I'm addicted to my Blackberry.

In the fall of 2008, I was excited about my upcoming upgrade I was eligible for with AT&T. For years, I had always chose your basic flip phone without all the bells and whistles other expensive phones had to offer. I never felt that I had a need for anything fancy. The year before, the ex-boyfriend had purchased an i-Phone shortly after they first came out. And I will be the first to admit that I was super jealous of all that it could do but at the same time it made me feel so technologically challenged that I had such a hard time operating it! I soon decided that a phone like this was not for me. He had given me his old cell phone and I was content with having something newer than what I had at the time.

So when it was finally time for my upgrade I contemplated the many choices of phones I had to choose from. I decided to try a Blackberry. And ever since then, I've been addicted to my phone. Email, internet, picture messaging, texting, and video all at my fingertips? Awesomeness!

The boyfriend: "Hey, what are you doing on your phone? Did you hear anything I just said?"

Me: "Huh? What? Oh, yeah. Sorry, I didn't hear a thing you said."

The boyfriend: "Seriously, I'm trying to have a conversation with you! Can you please put your phone up?"

Me: "Hold on, I have to finish updating my Facebook status. I'm almost done!"

I'm constantly connected to the world at my fingertips and it's hard not to get sucked in to the Blackberry (Crackberry) phenomenon. I use my phone more for everything else other than phone calls. The free applications only fuel my addiction and it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon!






 

0 comments: